Search This Blog

Friday, September 9, 2011

RECIPE - Lower Calorie Tapioca Pudding!

I loved tapioca pudding when I was a kid and still do but I've never liked the name-brand, pre-made versions at the grocery stores -- they're too watery for me.  My grandma used to make tapioca pudding so that it was thick and, I hate to say it, almost a rubbery consistency.  But that's how I remember tapioca and that's how I like it.  Now, being on a vegan diet, I've been experimenting with different mixtures to get a tapioca pudding that I can enjoy but that will deliver less calories and maybe add more nutrients than a plain tapioca pudding.  So, tonight, I think I've found it!  Here's my discovery - drop a comment if you try it!  My next experiment will be vegan cannoli so that when my daughter is eating one, I can eat one too! :D

Vegan Tapioca Pudding Recipe
Serves: 4
(CalorieCountAbout.com)
  

SPECIAL EQUIPMENT
4 – dessert bowls

INGREDIENTS
½ cup of quick cooking granulated tapioca (I like Let’s  Do…Organic brand)
½ tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp cinnamon
1 ½ cups unsweetened soy milk
¼ cup evaporated cane sugar
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
½ cup unsweetened almond milk

DIRECTIONS
  1. In a medium saucepan, add all the ingredients. Whisk together.
  2. Place saucepan over a medium-low heat.
  3. Whisk constantly to prevent scorching and the tapioca from sticking to pan.
  4. When tapioca has thickened (remember that it’ll thicken and solidify more when it starts to cool) to your desired consistency, turn off heat.
  5. Pour into dessert bowls and let cool, then cover & store in fridge.






Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools
My Zimbio

No comments:

Post a Comment